The OnePlus 5T has three outstanding Sony camera sensors. The first sensor of the dual camera has 20.0 megapixel (SONY IMX376K) with f/1.7 aperture. The second sensor has 16.0 megapixels (IMX398) and a f/1.7 aperture too. Videos are recorded with the rear dual camera at up to 4K (30fps). On the front is the selfie shooter with 16.0 megapixels (SONY IMX371), fixed focus, electronic image stabilization (EIS) and a f/2.0. This time, the fingerprint sensor is on the back and unlocks the OP5T in a fraction of a second.
The battery has a capacity of 3.300mAh and is recharged via the USB Type-C port by DASH Charge fast charging technology in no time. Also in terms of Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) or mobile data (4G FDD-LTE) you are traveling at high speed. Other features on board the high end mobile are Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, as well as the positioning systems such as GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and a compass. Also gesture control, an LED notification light are supported. Android 7.1 Nougat comes out of the box, with OTA updates.
Enjoy the new OnePlus 5T (8+128GB) with state of the art specs and features – fast and safe order at your no.1 online store for China smartphones!
18:9 Full Optic AMOLED Screen and Revamped Dual Cameras
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa Core, 10nm, up to 2.45GHz
GPU: Adreno 540
|Memory||RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4x
ROM: 64/128 G UFS 2.1
|Display||6.01 inch IPS
1080p x 2160 pixels, 401ppi
Full Optic AMOLED
2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
Features: Adaptive, Reading, Night, Lift up and Ambient Display
|OS||OxygenOS 4.7.4 (based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat)|
|Rear Cameras||16 mp Sony IMX398 (Dual LED Flash)
Pixel Size 1.12μm
Video: 4K @ 30fps
1080p @ 60/30fps
720p @ 30fps
Slow motion @ 120fps
20 mp Sony IMX376K
pixel size 1.0 μm
|Front Camera||16 mp Sony IMX371
Pixel size: 1.0 μm
720p @ 30fps
|Network||Dual Nano SIM (Dual Standby)
2G: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA Band 1/2/4/5/8
4G: FDD LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66
|Connectivity||WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz)
Bluetooth 5.0 (supports aptX & aptX HD)
|Sensors||Fingerprint, Hall, Accelerometer, Gravity, E-Compass, Gryoscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, RGB, Sensor Hub|
|Audio||Bottom Facing Speakers
3 microphones with noise cancellation
Dirac HD Sound
|IO||1x USB Type C
2x Dual Nano Sim card Slot
1x 3.5mm Audio Port
|Dimensions||156.1 x 75 x 7.3mm
Dash Charge 5V 4A
Face ID unlock surprised me
I was already expecting the 18:9 Screen to be gorgeous, Snapdragon 835 to deliver blistering performance and the Camera to offer impressive performance. But I never realized the Face ID unlock, a feature that apple has been heavily promoting on their new phones, to be quite reliable. It is fast and can unlock the phone with barely any noticeable issues. It is perhaps the only feature here that surprised me.
Blistering Speed and Gorgeous screen
Anyway, going back to the 18:9 screen, it is amazing, probably one of the best screen that I have tested. Full Optical Super AMOLED screen just makes the screen pop. Also the Snapdragon 835 underneath manages to blitz through the benchmark test that I did, and is an overkill on most games that I have tested.
Camera could use a bit of work
The camera though takes impressive shots especially on very good lighting, but the Camera UI is another story. Coming from Huawei P10, you will immediately notice how barebones the features are. I think going to Pro Mode is the only way to be able to customize your shots, but other than that, it doesn’t offer a lot on the table. Switching to the selfie camera is the same thing, limited shooting modes and features is this cameras Achilles heel.
Another Flagship Killer?
Anyway, connectivity is excellent, GPS is accurate and Audio Quality is above average as well. So far, my first impression of this phone have been good overall. And I am excited on my final review, and to test out the whole phone a bit more.
Overall, the phone is simply amazing. If you want power, great screen, connectivity and a reliable Face ID unlock, then this phone is for you. It is one of my most recommended Flagships of 2017.
First Impressions and Early Review
- Face ID unlock works and is not a gimmick, it is reliable and has fast recognition
- Fast and accurate Fingerprint Recognition
- The build quality is top notch with great ergnomonics
- Still has 3.5mm Audio Jack
- The 18:9 screen is just dead gorgeous, Super AMOLED Full Optic screen makes the colors pop out with impressive image quality
- Brightness levels are decent too
- Oxygen OS is a heavily modded OS but it looks great and offers a lot of features
- System is overall stable, fast and I did not encounter any issues
- Plenty of memory underneath (my version is 6 GB DDR4 RAM and 64 GB UFS 2.1)
- Blistering performance of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 and Adreno 540 chipset
- Runs Cool, at idle between 37-38C
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- Excellent Dual Band Wireless Range and performance
- Fast and Accurate GPS (GLONASS)
- Comes with Dash Charger (5V 4A) and can charge the phone in just 30 minutes for a full day of use
- 3300mAh Battery
- The Camera UI is barebones and thus limited in the features or shooting modes available
- No Memory Expansion or MicroSD support